2019 Girls CUP RULES
(OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RULES ARE BELOW. THE RULES ON WEBSITE SUPERSEDE ANY RULES IN PRINT FORM)
1. USA Hockey Rules will be followed.
2. Only properly registered USAH and IIHF teams are allowed to participate. All teams must furnish an approved validated roster from their governing body.
3. All preliminary round games as well as playoffs will be three periods. In the event of a goal spread of 5 or more goals in the 3rd period it will be run time until such point the goal spread becomes 3 or less. Period lengths for the preliminary round games are as follows:
19U age groups are 12-15-15 minute stop time.
16U, 14U, 12U, age groups are 12-12-15 minute stop time.
10U age group is 10-12-15 minute stop time.
Playoff period lengths are as follows:
The period lengths for all quarter finals in all age groups are 10-10-12 for all age groups.
The period lengths for semi-finals in all age groups are 10-10-15 minutes all stop time.
The Finals for 19U, 16U, 14U, and 12U age groups will be 15-15-15 min stop time periods and 10U will be 12-15-15 min stop time periods.
4. THERE WILL BE A TWO MINUTE WARM-UP FOR ALL GAMES. THE TIMEKEEPER WILL PLACE AN ADDITIONAL 3 MINUTES ON THE CLOCK FOR THE FIRST PERIOD. THE REFEREE WILL BLOW THE WHISTLE AFTER 2 MINUTES. THE TEAMS THEN MUST BE READY TO PLAY BY THE TIME THE CLOCK HITS GAME TIME AS THE TIME WILL CONTINUE TO RUN WHEN THE PUCK DROPS AND WON’T STOP UNTIL THE FIRST WHISTLE.
5. Pre-game warm-ups will be two minutes.
6. Each team should be ready to play 15 minutes PRIOR to their scheduled start times without any advanced warning. If games are early we will stay up to 15 minutes early.
7. There will be no discussion on coaches’ ejections from games. Any Match Penalty will be subject to automatic expulsion from the tournament with director’s decision being final.
8. Minor penalties will be 2 minutes and Major penalties will be 5 minutes for all games.
9. A defaulted game result will be 1-0 for the winning team and 0–6 result for the losing team.
10. For the purpose of score calculations any team winning by more than 6 goals, a maximum of 6 will be used for calculating the goal percentage. E.g. A team wins 10-1 the score will be entered as 7-1 for the method of calculating the best differential formula as outlined below.
11. There is no overtime during round robin play. Any game which ends with the score being tied will be entered as a tie for both teams.
12. During the playoffs, in the result of a tie, it will result in 3 on 3 for five minutes of stop time. If the score is still tied after OT the teams will enter a shootout of 3 players. Teams must submit 3 different players. If the shootout is tied after 3 shooters, it will result in a sudden death shootout. Teams must use ALL players before a player can be repeated.
13. All eligible players must be entered on the first game score sheet (Maximum 20 players including 3 goaltenders).
14. 2 line passes will be in accordance with USAH rules.
15. Offside will be in accordance with USAH rules.
16. Time outs are not permitted during round robin play. Each team is permitted the use of one, 30-second timeout during playoff games.
17. No Protests will be accepted.
18. Every team must dress a minimum of players in accordance with USAH rules.
19. No body checking will be permitted.
20. Slaps shots are not allowed in accordance with USAH rules at the squirt/atom level. Slapshots are allowed at the peewee level and above.
21. Match penalties are subject to suspension from all USAH functions pending the outcome of a hearing held by their local governing body.
22. A player must participate in at least 1 game during the Round Robin portion of the tournament to be eligible for the playoff round.
23. Mouthpieces and neck guards must be worn if your governing body requires their use.
24. The committee reserves itself the final word on the interpretation of the rules.
Tie Breakers after Round Robin Play
Points for Regulation Win = 2 Pts, Tie = 1.0 Pts, and Zero Pts for a Regulation Loss.
If 2 teams are tied in points, the following order applies to determine the ranking of teams:
Most Games Won.
Best differential Formula = Goals For / (Goals For + Goals Against) **** When applying this formula, the maximum goal differential in any game shall be no greater than 6.
Least Goals Against.
Most Goals For.
Least Penalty minutes during the tournament.
Flip of a coin.
In the case where more than 2 teams are tied in points, the above order applies to determine the ranking of teams:
(The tied teams will go through each tie breaker until ONE team is determined the winner; Ex. If no team is determined ahead of all other teams after Tie Breaker #1, then it will move on to Tie Breaker #2, etc.).
All teams must apply to the tiebreaker for the tiebreaker to be applicable. (Ex. 3 or more teams tied in points move to the second tie breaker: “Head-to-Head”. If ALL teams have NOT played each other then the head to head tiebreaker cannot be applied moving on to tiebreaker 3.)
Teams who play each other in the round robin will not play each other in the first round of playoffs.
THERE IS NO RESEEDING AFTER QTRS.
Tournament Directors Tharindra De Silva & Todd Tverberg hold the final decision on ALL matters not covered above.
-Your team will not be scheduled until full payment is received.
-Teams must be prepared to play Friday morning. Reserving a hotel room Thursday evening is advised.
-Schedule will be released 7-10 days prior to the tournament start date.
Please respect the referees at all times, should you have a situation you would like to discuss concerning a particular individual, we have appointed a referee in chief who is available to you, they do not have the power to change a referees decision. However, we have advised our refereeing staff to treat coaches with respect and they will expect the same in return. They will not exercise any patience when being sworn, screamed or gestured at any time.